Your child is offered the opportunity to enjoy early learning activities at our setting with the use of our curriculum. Buttercups is a professionally designed early learning curriculum for infants and
toddlers ages 6-36 months that we use. This activity kit includes activities to enhance your child’s language,
cognitive, physical, and social development, as well as creative art materials. We believe children learn best through interacting with their environment, and they strive to present
activities with that in mind. Developmentally appropriate activities will encompass all areas of your
Each thematic group of lessons includes different stategies and techniques to assess a child's understanding of the skills and concepts presented in each lesson.
Not only does our curriculum give children a complete preschool experience, but is also adaptable to different age groups. It will help your child develop and targets their cognitive, physical, social and emotional growth thru different activities (gross motor skill, fine motor skill, language development, manipulative and dramatic play, and music and movement among others). This is all achieved thru an environment of love, nurturing, creativity and happiness.
We have a variety of wonderful, fun and exciting activities for our children.
The children will have a variety of music, songs, and props to inspire movement & imagination. It will help in the development of motor skills and stimulate brain development. In addition it helps children further develop social skills like working in groups, taking turns, listening & following directions.
Wiggles Daycare Schedule
Older Toddler/Preschool (24 months and older)
This schedule is meant to give you an idea of your child's day. Actual times and activities may vary depending on time of the year, weather, age and temperament of the children. Age appropriate activities are scheduled with the flexibility allowed to respond to the needs of each individual child and their various ages.
- 8:00 – 8:30 Arrivals, Welcome children/show and tell/ free-play and/or structured-play, trains, etc.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Breakfast, clean-up/wash-up/potty time/diaper changes
- 9:00 – 9:20 circle-time (Sing-alongs, Calendar, weather, movement and/or interactive experiences for the kids to explore the theme of the week)
- 9:20 – 10:00 arts and crafts, story-time, various learning games
- 10:00-10:30 Learning/Activity (Sign Language, Spanish, Music Movement, Instrument and Music, Cooking, Computer, Yoga, Dance)
- 10:30 -12:00 Gymnastics/ tumbling exercises/ outside play-time (weather permitting)
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch time/ Clean-up/ wash-up/ potty time/ diaper changes
- 1:00 - 3:00 Rest time and/or quiet time
- 3:00 - 4:00 structured-play, puzzles, books, various learning toys, etc.
- 4:00 - 4:30 Afternoon Snack, clean-up/wash-up/potty time/ diaper changes
- 4:30 – 6:00 Free-play, coloring, play-dough, musical & dance and/or group games, pick ups
Infants/Young Toddler (younger than 24 months)
Throughout each day we practice on reaching, grasping, rolling, sitting, crawling, standing, walking, climbing, throwing, catching, kicking, cooing and talking; whichever developmental stage your child happens to be in at the time. For a younger child still taking three naps a day, a third nap can be incorporated into their late afternoon schedule.
- 8:00 – 8:30 Arrivals, Welcome children, free-play and/or structured-play, toys, etc.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Breakfast, clean-up/wash-up/diaper changes
- 9:00 – 9:20 naptime (depending on age), circle-time (Babies enjoy the singing and music during this time and is also a way to bring the group together)
- 9:20 – 10:00 music, dance, games
- 10:00-10:30 Learning/Activity (Sign Language, Spanish, Music Movement, Instrument and Music, Yoga, Dance)
- 10:30 -11:30 Gymnastics/ tumbling exercises/ outside play-time (weather permitting)
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch time/Clean-up/ wash-up/ diaper changes
- 1:00 - 3:00 Rest time and/or quiet time
- 3:00 - 4:00 structured-play, flash cards, books, various learning toys, etc.
- 4:00 - 4:30 Afternoon Snack, clean-up/wash-up/ diaper changes
- 4:30 – 6:00 Free-play, coloring, puzzles, musical & dance
Infants (1 to 6 months)
- 8:00 – 6:00 Cuddles, love, and affection, eat, poop, and sleep
For children 24 months and younger, we provide a daily infant report of the child’s day, such as, when and what the baby was fed, diaper changes and what it was, nap schedule, and other pertinent information.